Wednesday 25 May 2022

Landscapes and cloudscapes on a late May afternoon in South Somerset.

The morning of 24th May was a bit showery in South Somerset, but the afternoon turned sunny with scattered cloud and a gentle breeze.  

We needed to do a little food shopping so my wife and I drove to a farm shop on the A30 west of Chard and, since it was a good afternoon for photography, I took my camera along.

On the way home road works caused us to divert onto the A30 east of Chard where, near Cricket St. Thomas, I stopped in a layby and took some landscape photos of the view to the south.



Later in the afternoon, back at home, I took some cloudscape photos looking towards the Blackdown Hills.


In the evening I took some more cloudscapes, and just before sunset a wonderful feathery mare's tail appeared.


A feathery mare's tail over South Somerset just before sunset on 24th May.  The black dot near the centre of the photo is a swift.


No comments:

Post a Comment