Tuesday 11 June 2019

These roadside gullies/gratings in Ilminster, South Somerset need a little attention?

Some roadside gullies/gratings in Butts, Ilminster seem to need a little attention?  They were unable to cope with a heavy downpour on Sunday afternoon of June 9.  This is not the first time I have seen the eastbound carriageway in such condition!
Roadside gully in Butts, Ilminster, South Somerset on the afternoon of June 9th.

Roadside gully in Butts, Ilminster after heavy rain on the afternoon of June 9th.
I hope the retaining wall on the left does not suffer damage from this type of drenching.

Update 19th August.
Just after the above photos were taken I reported the state of these gullies to South Somerset District Council - I doubt if I was the only one to do so.  I am pleased to report that I saw Drain/Gully cleaning crews in action tackling the problem on 18th July.  Their efforts have had an effect as the recent heavy bouts of rain did not result in such surface water as seen on June 9th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment