Monday 8 January 2018

Viewing the "Letters" columns. Consult the doctor or a vet?

Readers of this blog may have realised that I enjoy writing "letters to the editor" so, as I subscribe to The Week magazine I thought I would feature some of those letters from its 'pick of the week's correspondence' which I find amusing or pertinent.

With the NHS in the news for all the wrong reasons, as usual, patients are apparently advised of three steps to take before booking a GP appointment.  I found this letter made me smile - especially as I am fond of dogs.

The Week 6th January 2018

The doctor won't see you now.

To The Daily Telegraph

The NHS's latest advice to patients reflects the sad deterioration of the system.
My wife and I have, for some time, added a fourth step: we consult our daughter, who is a vet.  The consultation is informed and accurate, and we get a biscuit at the end.
Graeme Williams, Kings Hill, Kent.


No comments:

Post a Comment