Monday 1 June 2015

Anti-English discrimination. A letter in the Western Daily Press May 30th 2015.


Now we lose out on bus passes as well.

Dear Sir,

I turned 60, last summer, so a few days ago, I decided it was high time I applied for my bus-pass.

The Scots get theirs at 60; the Welsh get theirs at 60; the Northern Irish get theirs at 60.

I was told I have to wait until I’m 66. You see, I’m English. The British Westminster elite have decided to link eligibility for a bus-pass – for the English, but only for the English – to the escalating pensionable age.

So, to having to pay for prescriptions, having to pay £27,000 to go to university, having to pay to park your car at a hospital, we can add, having to wait an extra six years for your bus-pass, to the list of ant-English discrimination perpetrated by the British government.

Clive Lavelle

Weston-super-Mare English Democrats

No comments:

Post a Comment